Terms of Service:
- I understand that the services provided are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any mental health or medical conditions. I also understand that Tiffany Banks is not acting as a mental health counsellor or a medical professional.
- I understand that NLP and associated technology is, at present, an unregulated industry. I also understand that for all legal purposes, the services provided by Tiffany Banks are solely based in the United Kingdom.
- I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my well-being during our sessions, and subsequently my choices and decisions.
- I understand that working with Tiffany is not a substitute for counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment, and I will not use it in place of any form of advice from medical professionals. If you are considering harming yourself or others please go immediately to your own GP to discuss your needs directly.
- I understand that all comments and ideas offered by Tiffany are solely for the purpose of aiding me in achieving my desired outcomes and goals. I have the ability to give my informed consent, and hereby give such consent to Tiffany to assist me in achieving such outcomes.
- In certain circumstances if working with vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16, Tiffany will ask for a parent, guardian or person of similar stature to be present during the session. Tiffany will also request for written consent from responsible adults in those circumstances.
- Tiffany promotes equality within all her business undertakings and has a duty to tackle any discrimination. All clients will be treated in the same way irrelevant of age, disability, gender, sexual preference, race, religion or beliefs.
- Tiffany Banks acts as a change facilitator and promises to bear no judgement in relation to client behaviour. If you disclose any criminal activity during sessions then Tiffany does have a moral responsibility to report those activities to the relevant authorities.
- Tiffany is required as part of her insurance policy and by law to keep notes on client sessions. This information will kept securely for 8 years. Tiffany will ensure that all you data is erased after that point. Tiffany will treat all information shared confidentially and secure unless required by law. In certain circumstances, Tiffany has a legal obligation to report any illegal activity such as child, elder abuse or neglect or threaten to harm yourself or someone else, and I understand that necessary actions will be taken and my confidentiality agreement is limited in this capacity. Furthermore, if Tiffany is ordered by a court to provide information or to testify, she will do so to the extent the law requires. Tiffany will make every effort in the rare occasion that information needs to be disclosed to a 3rd party or by law to inform you in writing. However there are some circumstances when legal requirements are concerned that this may not be possible. This could happen when Tiffany believes it to be in her client’s best interest to disclose information to another healthcare professional or agency. For example if she believes the client is at risk of death or serious harm or where the law dictates.
- I understand that the use of technology is not always secure and I accept the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, Skype and other technology.
- Tiffany may refuse to work or continue to work with you in certain circumstances. For example, if you become violent or aggressive, constantly questioning her professional judgement and acting against any advice given, or if she feels that someone else with more specific experience is more suited to your overall care and well being.
- If for any reason you are not happy with the services you have received from Tiffany please inform her in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be dealt with and addressed where appropriate within 48 hours.
- Tiffany works in offices that are compliant with the Health and Safety at work order of 1978. All are serviced offices and are regularly audited.
- Tiffany’s insurance provider is Holistic Insurance and this covers her for personal and professional liability.
- As a client you can request to see all data held by Tiffany. This will be what techniques have been administered and your feedback from the session.
- Upon contacting Tiffany you will be sent a form requesting information about your current Medical History, the reason for your enquiry and other information. Tiffany will then explain and outline what will happen during the session. This will be a administering the correct techniques to help you to move beyond your issues.
If you cancel an appointment please give as much notice as possible. I ask for full payment for the session if you cancel within 24 hours from the session time. If you need to cancel over a weekend, I ask for 48 hours notice of cancellation.
PRIVACY NOTICE (Data Processing)
Who we are and how we process your personal data
Tiffany Banks and associated companies complies with her obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by keeping personal data up to date; by storing (and destroying it) securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes
To deliver the services that clients have requested;
To contact those clients as necessary in accordance with the services they have requested;
To contact clients via surveys to ascertain their opinions on the service they received from us;
To maintain our own accounts and records.
N.B. In the event that our recorded data is utilised for research purposes, our own supervision or for the instruction or tuition of students, all such data will be sufficiently anonymised to the extent that individual clients cannot be identified. Should a client indicate that their data should not be used for these purposes, we would refrain from using that data.
Individual client data will never be passed to a third party without the express consent of the respective client, always provided that such confidentiality is neither inconsistent with the therapist’s own safety or that of the client, the client’s family members or other members of the public, nor in contravention of any legal action or legal requirement.
In accordance with my need to maintain the possibility of access to client data as a result of returning clients or those who may wish to lodge a complaint in respect of our professional services to either our professional body or our insurers (i.e. in all cases perhaps after a long period of time has elapsed), we retain client data for a minimum period of 7 years. For clients under the age of 18, data will be retained until their 25th birthday.
Our Lawful Basis for processing client personal data
The client has given clear consent for me to process their personal data for a specific purpose. Further, the processing is necessary for both my client’s and my own legitimate interests.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
The right to request a copy of your personal data which tiffany banks holds about you; please email email@example.com
The right to request that Tiffany banks corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Tiffany Banks to retain such data;
The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data Controller.
The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
The right to object to the processing of personal data,
The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
Data Complaints Notice
The client has the right to complain to the Independent Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if they think there is a problem with the way we are handling their data